|Salwan Girls Sr. Sec. School organised a visit to Andh Vidhyalaya, Lajpat Nagar.
Students of Salwan Girls School had an interactive session with the blind students
through which they got introduced and sensitized to the difficulties of differently
abled students. They distributed various useful items among the blind students
as a taken of their affection. There they were informed about the uses of various
aids used by blind students which help them in their day today life. Apart from
empathy the visit also gave the students an insight into how the blind are taught
to navigate themselves in a sightless world.
|Achievements in Zonal Competitions
|ZONAL VOLLEYBALL COMPETITION
ZONAL ENGLISH DECLAMATION COMPETITION
- Senior And Junior - 2nd Position
- Sub Junior - 3rd position
ZONAL HINDI DEBATE COMPETITION
- Jr. Level- Second Position
- Sr. Level- Third Position
ZONAL PARTIOTIC SONG COMPETITION - First Position
- Jr. Level- Third Position
|RAKHI MAKING COMPETITION
|`Rakhi Making Competition was held in the school for classes VI –VIII on 13 August’2013 to let the students explore their creative corner . Students were specially instructed to use waste material available at home to make Rakhi. The students participated in the competition with great enthusiasm and came out with beautiful Rakhis. The Rakhis made were an enviable lot and a fusion of modern with traditional, stylish with contemporary. All the students were appreciated for their creative work and best three participants were given prizes.
|RANGOLI MAKING COMPETITION
|To enhance creativity and unleash the hidden potential in the students Salwan Girls School, Old Rajinder Nagar organised a Rangoli Making Competition for the students of class VIII. Students made beautiful Rangolis using different materials like flowers , rice, beads, coconut or coloured powders. . Students portrayed their colourful imagination by making wonderful Rangolis with different patterns. It was a very colourful event which both the audience and the participants enjoyed thoroughly. The school’s Principal felicitated the wiiners .Truly, it was a feast for our eyes.
|JANMASHTAMI CELEBRATION ON 27/08/2013
|The festival of Janmashtami was celebrated with zeal and zest in the school premises on 27 August’2013. A special morning assembly was organized by ‘Himadri House’. To start with the programme a student of VI-D, Adamya Raj spoke on the festival’s significance and festivities across the country. Students of classes VI,VII and VIII presented various song and dance performance which won the heart of gathering. They donned the roles of Lord Sri Krishna and gopikas amongst many other characters related to Gokulashtami. Dressed in the attire of Krishna and gopikas, they spread the message of ancient Puranas and our traditions. This event brought awareness among the students about traditional customs while enjoying the pranks of Lord Krishna.
|LIST OF ALL MAJOR EVENTS/ACHIEVEMENTS FROM RECENT PAST
|Independence Day and Grand Parents Day
|Salwan Girls Sr. Sec. School, Old Rajinder Nagar celebrated Independence Day and Grandparents Day on 14th August 2013 in the school premises. The programme commenced with lamp lightening and flag hoisting followed by Patriotic song. The Chairperson ,Ms. Janak Juneja felicitated the meritorious students of classes VI-XII for their hard work and devotion and encouraged the students to excel in their life. Various dance performances and skits were prepared and presented by the students which attracted the gathering. Mr. S. N. Dixit, Manager of the school and Mrs. Indu Bala, Principal of the school motivated the students with their words of wisdom.
|Workshop by Cartoon Network
|SGSSS conducts “Go Active” workshop by cartoon network on July 26, 2013.
Children constantly need physical, emotional and social engagement to succeed in today’s competitive world but they lack energy for the same .Therefore, it is the responsibility of the elders to educate them to get active. Keeping this in mind a workshop for classes VI –VIII was conducted in the school auditorium in association with Cartoon Movement –“Go active Move it Movement”. The interactive session was held on July 26, 2013. Its aim was to engage the children in various fun-filled and exhilarating games to make them conscientious about Physical fitness. Winners of the games were given away exciting gifts, candies and certificates.
A workshop for classes IX-X was organised by an NGO (under the project Get Active) to acquaint children with benefits of sources of whole grains. To make the concept easy to understand a power Point presentation was shown. Various concepts like balanced diet, food pyramid were dealt. In the end a quiz was conducted to which students answered promptly and showed their interest and keenness.
- Health & Hygiene workshop on 11th July’2012 by proctor & Gamble.
- Road safety on 12th July’2012.
- Martial Arts workshop on 13th July’2012
- 4 days workshop of Yoga was conducted by Art of living.
- Child abuse for class VI & VII on 21st July’2012.
- Self defense workshop on 25th August’2012 by Pogo Channel
- Aerobics workshop on 25t August’2012
- Tuberculosis awareness programme and video presentation by Rama Krishan Mission on 4th September’2012 & 6th September’2012.
- N.T.S.E workshop on 4th September’2012
- Workshop on ‘Anaemic among adolescent girls’ conducted in October.
- A prize distribution function was held on 4th August ‘2012 wherein meritorious students from class VI-XI were awarded with cash prize by Mr. Janak Juneja(Retd. IAS Officer & an Alumni member of the school.
- Independence Day was celebrated as Grandparents Day on 14th August’2012. Mr. Rajesh Bhatia (MCD Councillor) hoisted the flag alongwith Grandparents and old woman from Arya Mahila Ashram followed by Nutritional recipe contest.
- Special Assembly was conducted to celebrate Janamashtmi & Id. Activities like quiz, debates were conducted during summer week.
- Annual Day alongwith Diwali Mela organized on 7th November’2012
- Poster making competition on ‘Save Environment’ was held on 28th July’2012.
- A student of class XII participated in Young Chef contest organized by IIHM(International Institute of Hotel Management) on 16th August’2012.
- Spell well competition VI-X was conducted on 31st August’2012 by Link-Pen.
- Poster making on ‘Stop Tuberculosis (T.B)’ was conducted on 4th September’2012.
- Around 40 cadets participated in Combined Annual Training Camp at Mira Model Dental Institute, Delhi in October.
- 11 cadets accompany the trekking trip to Darjeeling from 26th September’2012.
|Extra & Co-Curricular
- Yogathan, an Art of Living initiative was organized on World Health Day on 7th April’2012.
- One month workshop on Dance was organized by Sahitya Kala Parishad during summer vacation.
- 2 batches of 35 and 15 students were trained in JAZZ Dance by Shiamak Davar group during summer vacation and their talent show cased at Shiamak Davar Summer Funk on 15th June at Siri Fort Auditorium.
- A visit to Parle Biscuit Factory Bahadur Garh was organized in the month of April.
- 43 students alongwith 4 teachers went to Nainital & Jim Corbett in which toppers of each class from class VI-XI were taken free of cost and other meritorious students were given concession. The trip was partially funded by Salwan Education Trust.
- 52 cadets attended CATC’12(Combined Annual Training Camp) at Army Parade Ground from 19th to 28th June’2012, wherein cadets learnt P.T. Drill, Marching Drill, Map-reading, Rifle Shooting etc. Neha of class IX bagged 2nd Position in Solosong Competition.
- Medical check up of students from classes VI to XII, under ‘Chacha Nehru Sehat Yojana’ by Department of Education conducted by Dr. Poonam Verma from Ganga Ram Hospital. Haemoglobin, Sugar, Blood Pressure, Height & Weight, eye-sight, Dental hygiene and general check-up done for all students starting August and still continuing .
- Students visited Arya Mahila Ashram and Andh Mahavidyalya where they interacted with them.
- Picnic to adventure Island organized for all the classes in October.
|Achievements in Zonal Sports & Cultural Events.
||Secured 2nd place in Sr. Category
Secured 2nd place in Junior Category
Secured 3rd place in sub-Junior Category
|Solo Song Competition
||Secured 1st place in Junior
Secured 2nd place in Senior
|Patriotic song Competition
||Secured 2nd place
|English recitation Competition
||Secured 1st place Junior
Secured 2nd place Senior